Silicon Specialist / Product Development Engineer - Photovoltaics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Our client is a major international energy company dedicated to the development of
renewable energies and sustainable chemicals. Innovative and technology-oriented, the
biotech R&D department has an extensive network and partner program with word-class
academic labs and startups, which work jointly on design and research efforts.
- Responsible for granular silicon product application research and development.
- Responsible for coordinating research activities with external R&D entities on
technical projects relating to use of the company’s polysilicon product.
- Responsible for interfacing with customers on technical issues relating to use of the
company’s polysilicon product.
- Conduct research and development in the field of silicon crystallization for ingot
production, based on granular polysilicon feedstock
- Develop intellectual property on the use and optimization of granular silicon.
- Facilitate research and development projects conducted off-site.
- Develop a high level of technical understanding of the company’s product.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of market and industry conditions for
- Identify and pursue grant opportunities to support product research and development.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer’s technical and commercial
personnel to assist with the use and optimization of granular polysilicon solutions,
including problem solving at the customer’s site
- Work closely with Marketing and Business Development departments with the development
and execution of marketing strategies and business development initiatives.
- Field: Materials Science, with specialization in silicon for semiconductor or PV
- Degree: MS or PhD (preferred).
- 3-5 years in silicon processing
- Experiences with silicon crystallization processes
- Experience with R&D proposal writing and responding to RFP’s
- Execution and management of research and development projects.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Characterization of silicon materials.
- Capable of independently managing a wider range of projects and job responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of intellectual property development
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project.