Redfish Technology, Inc. http://www.redfishtech.com/ Greg Schreiner Greg@redfishtech.com 208-788-8260
Database Administrator / Developer – HW/SW Solar Systems #19377
Location: Austin, Texas (United States)
$75,000 - $150,000
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 10781
#19377 Database Administrator / Developer– HW/SW Solar
Location: Austin, TX
Our client designs and manufactures custom hardware and software systems that are used by
solar panel manufactures. The company’s systems link arrays of solar panels to the
local electrical grid and provide comprehensive data acquisition, monitoring and control
over the internet. The company operates large, cloud-hosted databases that support our
manufacturing, reliability, customer service and data acquisition processes. These are a
mix of operational data stores and data warehousing / data mart analytics cubes.
This Database Administrator / Developer position will be responsible for the day-to-day
administration, operation and maintenance of MySQL and Postgres SQL databases. The
successful candidate will have experience and understanding of both database system
administration as well as SQL development practices.
Ability to write SQL code for functions/stored procedures for both administration and
front-end development purposes is required. Experience with an ERD design tool and
understanding of data modeling is important.
The Candidate for this position must have the experience and communication skills that
will allow them to participate in the high-level as well as low-level technical design in
future products. The Candidate will be comfortable working with world-wide, distributed
teams of employees, vendors and consultants and will be effective in communicating via
email, skype and conferencing.
Background and Experience:
- Required High Competency in SQL Programming on at least one of these platforms: mySQL,
PostgresSQL, Oracle, Sql Server
- Required High Competency in Database Server Administration on one of the platforms
- Required Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Desired Experience with one or more ERD Design tools (CA-Erwin, Toad Data Modeler,
- Desired Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Desired Experience in C/C++ or Java
- Additional advantage to Candidates with experience with one of php, coldfusion/railo or
other equivalent web development platform
- Additional advantage to candidates with experience with statistical analysis and data
warehousing systems like SPSS and/or LabView