Redfish Technology, Inc. http://www.redfishtech.com/ Greg Schreiner Greg@redfishtech.com 208-788-8260
Mechanical/Energy Design Engineer - ESCO #19388
Location: Irvine, California (United States)
$75,000 - $150,000
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 10784
#19388 Mechanical/Energy Design Engineer - ESCO
Location: Irvine, CA
Our client specializes in energy and environmental efficiency performance contracts and
energy infrastructure projects for a variety of public and private sector clients. What
makes the company unique is their ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy
solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. They pride themselves on the
excellent relationships they maintain with their customers. They earn their trust and
respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns.
As a Design Engineer, you’ll work with the internal teams to ensure that final
engineering designs will achieve the energy savings guarantees and functional performance
specified by our customers. This is an opportunity to observe your design work
become part of a successful energy conservation measure. We’ll challenge you
and help you grow your career within our Design Engineering Group.
- From opportunities identified as a result of our detailed energy audits, you’ll
coordinate with our Energy Engineers, Construction Project Managers, Project Developer and
our customers to design energy efficient and conservation solutions.
- For this position you will focus on designing mechanical systems, writing detailed
scopes of work and providing design drawings to ensure each project can be priced by a
turn-key design/build subcontractor. You’ll also be exposed to electrical and
- You’ll work with our internal departments to ensure requirements from Measurement
& Verification, Operations & Maintenance, Commissioning and Engineering have been
incorporated into the design packages.
- As required, you’ll develop working relationships with external companies in
support of outsourced engineering design.
- You’ll review shop drawings and equipment submittals for conformance to the
original design and customer requirements.
- 25% travel to project sites with total project responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. PE or eligibility to obtain
- 5+ years of experience in HVAC, central plant, piping and control system design.
- Experience with project management.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software.
- The ability to operate in a team environment and work closely with Senior Energy Design
- Engineers to develop scopes of work and design drawings for various HVAC measures.
- Experience and demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following preferred:
HVAC Construction or Construction Management, Energy Efficiency Analysis or Project Team