The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing equipment for process
improvements including: equipment commissioning and troubleshooting, engineering request
evaluations and P&ID revision. The Senior Mechanical Engineer must effectively work in
a team environment both on site with the operations and process engineering group as well
as with contacts at the managed plants.
1. Design and develop specifications for process piping systems, HVAC, plumbing systems,
and various pieces of equipment.
2. Develop design calculation sheets and programs.
3. Prepare, review, and approve specifications and drawings from vendors and
4. Provide on-going engineering support for existing plants.
5. Perform on-site inspections to verify construction is done according to drawings and
6. Communicate with vendors and contractors on various projects including submitting bid
packages, ordering equipment and material, and responding to questions from contractors
and site personnel.
7. Assist in equipment commissioning, training, startup and troubleshooting including
8. Work with supply chain group and vendors to procure materials and equipment.
9. Be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work.
Team member can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough
manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
10. Maintain a team environment with other departments.
• B.S. in mechanical engineering (M.S.M.E. preferred) or equivalent engineering
• At least nine (9) years of directly related experience.
• Solid knowledge of AutoCAD system is a requirement.
• Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new
• Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task,
and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.