Redfish Technology, Inc. http://www.redfishtech.com/ Anna Mathieu firstname.lastname@example.org 408-719-0200
Firmware Hardware Engineer III
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado (United States)
$75,000 - $150,000
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9259
Firmware Hardware Engineer III – Solar / Power Conversion
Area: Fort Collins, CO
My client is seeking an individual to serve as a hardware designer. In this position you
will design and verify control and data conversion circuits including high-speed digital,
DSP, FPGA, A/D, D/A, digital controls, communication interfaces, and interfaces to power
electronics. Additional opportunity exists to contribute to embedded software coding for
control algorithms in a DSP.
- Responsible for the design and analysis of systems and subsystems/circuits to
specification, cost, budget, schedule, and quality goals.
- Collaborates with design personnel from other sites as required to develop and leverage
- Responsible to diagnose complex issues with design, field performance, reliability, and
test yields of products and recommend/implement corrective actions.
- Follows key engineering procedures including the Product Development Process and ECO
- Primary responsibility is design/verification of hardware circuitry and associated PCBs
including required FPGA functionality. Secondary responsibility is to contribute to
embedded software coding in C++.
- Some travel may be required in and outside of the USA.
- Must have 7+ years of experience in design of high-speed digital circuits and PCBAs with
processors, FPGAs, and data conversion. Strongly prefer additional experience with digital
controls, communication interfaces, power electronics, and design for high noise
- Prefer experience with Altium Designer schematic and PCB tools.
- Must have 4+ years of experience with FPGA coding in VHDL or Verilog. Prefer experience
with VHDL and Xilinx tools/devices.
- Strongly prefer demonstrated development experience with C++ in a real-time embedded
- Experience with control theory and modeling/simulation is desirable.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and with significant
- Must have proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be dynamic, motivated, self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to quickly
learn new products and tools.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to interface on a professional
level with a wide variety of technical disciplines.
- Must be able to use standard test equipment: Oscilloscope, DVM, Logic Analyzer, Power
Supply, Function Generator, and more.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
Send your resume to:
Leading Recruiters in the High-Tech and Green Energy sectors.
To search other exciting opportunities, visit our website:
Subscribe to the monthly Redfish industry newsletter:
Do you know someone who would be a great fit for this opportunity?
Ask about our referral policy.