Redfish Technology, Inc. http://www.redfishtech.com/ Anna Mathieu email@example.com 408-719-0200
Location: Rocklin, California (United States)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9267
Application Engineer - PV System Design
Area: Rocklin, California
The Applications Engineer is responsible for creating scope-defining technical
documentation and specifications on commercial and utility scale photovoltaic projects in
North America. Duties include generating electrical circuit, network and control diagrams,
selection and specification of components, and compliance to required industry standards
• Collaborates with sales, technical sales and project management departments to
conceptualize and translate customer requirements into technical documentation.
• Assures compliance to NEC, UL, CSA, and/or other applicable standards.
• Specifies and/or recommends electrical and/or mechanical components in pursuit of
cost optimization and meeting technical requirements, focusing on accuracy and technical
• Directly develops CAD drawings using industry standard tools.
• Manages document control processes and CAD library.
• Coordinates scope and execution of consulting engineering services.
• Coordinates review and approval of shop drawings and specifications.
• Works with suppliers to articulate and assure a clear and accurate understanding of
generated technical documents.
• Recommends software tools or process enhancements in support of continuous
improvement projects related to duties.
• Other duties as may be required or assigned.
• A bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or related engineering
discipline is required.
• At least 3 to 5 years of experience in an applications engineering or technical
sales support role are required.
• Electrical power systems and control experience is required.
• Experience in renewable energy is strongly preferred.
• Expert knowledge of CAD software is required.
• Advanced knowledge of electrical power systems and controls is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of computer networking and data acquisition systems is strongly
• Document control experience is required.
• Proficiency in reading and generating electrical and mechanical diagrams is
• Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German
language skills are a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is strongly
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
• Ability to facilitate effective meetings.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• This position may require periodic domestic and international travel.
Send your resume to:
Leading Recruiters in the High-Tech and Green Energy sectors.
To search other exciting opportunities, visit our website:
Subscribe to the monthly Redfish industry newsletter:
Do you know someone who would be a great fit for this opportunity?
> Ask about our referral policy.