Redfish Technology, Inc. http://www.redfishtech.com/
Location: , Any State - Virtual (South Africa)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9268
Wind Energy Project Manager - Renewable Energy
Area: Johannesburg, South Africa
My client is a leading global engineering, consulting, and construction company
specializing in infrastructure development in the fields of energy, water, and
Manages medium to large renewable energy engineering projects involving small EPC projects
with minimal risk for a single, key client, manages multiple services clients or a small
EPC project client.
The successful applicant will be located in Johannesburg, South Africa.
This position will:
• Be a central point for all in-country renewable energy marketing, business
development, and projects activities, for a designated client, with wind being the primary
• Require developing, planning, coordinating and managing all aspects of wind energy
projects. The individual must have the ability to see projects from concept through
completion in a collaborative, multi-discipline team and individual setting.
• Have marketing and business development responsibilities.
• Involve a wide variety of diverse assignments including: resource assessment, due
diligence, siting, feasibility studies, new technology evaluation, project proposal
evaluation, market assessments, strategic planning, policy evaluation, pro forma economic
analysis, project design & engineering, procurement support, and construction
• Entail interaction with clients and other stakeholders including: utilities, energy
project developers, financial institutions, energy end-users, investors, government
agencies, and other organizations.
Initially, the Project Manager will be responsible for one in-country staff engineer and
for coordinating work with existing wind and solar team personnel in the U.S. Depending on
the success of the in-country business development activities, the Project Manager may be
required to support the growth of the In-Country Renewable Energy Team by being involved
with hiring and mentoring new professionals.
Managing all aspects of projects as a “seller-doer”, including assignment
definition, project scope, project staffing, technical oversight, and responsibility for
successful project execution on time and within budget. Other responsibilities include:
• Lead and contribute to authorship of reports, studies, and proposals.
• Mentor and manage work of others in multi-disciplinary teams in-country, from the
U.S., and possibly other international offices.
• Lead and assist with business development activities in area of expertise.
• Develop new project opportunities and business lines.
• Represent through speaking engagements and participation in client and industry
Desired to have 9+ years total experience with at least 4 years of experience in
management of technical, commercial, construction aspects of wind energy projects and
specific knowledge of wind energy technologies.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university or foreign equivalent or
other applicable technical degree.
• Proven management and execution experience of Renewable Energy projects is a
• Experience with supervising, mentoring, and developing staff.
• Prior applicable international experience in renewable energy project support
Leading Recruiters in the High-Tech and Green Energy sectors.
To search other exciting opportunities, visit our website:
Subscribe to the monthly Redfish industry newsletter:
Do you know someone who would be a great fit for this opportunity?
Ask about our referral policy.