Redfish Technology, Inc. http://www.redfishtech.com/ Anna Mathieu firstname.lastname@example.org 408-719-0200
Programming Engineer - BAS and Controls
Location: Southern California, California (United States)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9269
Programming Engineer-BAS and Controls
Area: Southern California
My client is a premier “comprehensive” building systems provider marrying
technology to energy efficiency and a leader in Environmental Control, Security and Access
They are a System Integrator and Energy Service Company (ESCO) providing energy
engineering and building control services since 1976. Services include design,
specification and engineering of energy and cost saving modifications for commercial,
educational institutions, government and industrial projects. A leader in technology
driven solutions, building automation, security, and systems integration. They are
recognized for designing and deploying breakthrough engineering techniques and provides
LEED professional services.
This role serves as the technical resource and subject matter expert for Tridium. In order
to effectively provide technical support for initial audit visits and ongoing customer
support for the Auto Demand Response/CPP project, it is important that this person has a
strong controls background.
- This role must be able to program sequences into a Tridium JACE controller.
- This role should have experience with Building Automation Systems (BAS) engineering and
installation and should have an understanding of the complexities of integrating
dissimilar BAS systems. A successful candidate will be able to recognize different
Building Automation Systems (BAS) hardware and software.
- This role should have a basic understanding of BAS communications protocols, including
BacNet, Lon, Modbus, or proprietary systems.
- This role should have a basic understanding of network architecture and firewalls,
ports, and network IP routing.
- This role should be able to communicate with the facility IT department, and be able to
explain the requirements and needs of the project for timely completion and communicate
the specific equipment security features, including login procedures.
- This role should understand the differences between Public, Private, Static, and NAT IP
- This role should have a basic understanding of the software and hardware requirements
that will be used on the project, or be able to learn in a timely fashion.
- This role must have an understanding of HVAC equipment and processes.
- This role must be an effective communicator, and be able to provide technical assistance
to the audit staff, customers, and IT departments, and instillation crew.
- This role must have a complete understanding of the Tridium Niagara AX platform and
associated hardware devices. Require 1 – 2 years of Tridium or integration platform
- Four year business or technical degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of related engineering experience. Experience in commercial and
industrial energy engineering, and facilities management and controls preferred. Must have
building controls experience.
- Prefer someone who has strong program management experience.
- Programming experience preferred. Should be familiar with Java concepts.
- Must possess excellent communication (verbal and written) skills. Strong presentation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office projects is necessary. Computer proficiency is required.
- Ability to travel 10 - 20%
Send your resume to:
Leading Recruiters in the High-Tech and Green Energy sectors.
To search other exciting opportunities, visit our website:
Subscribe to the monthly Redfish industry newsletter:
Do you know someone who would be a great fit for this opportunity?
> Ask about our referral policy.