Redfish Technology, Inc. http://www.redfishtech.com/
Energy Efficiency Engineer – Performance Contracting
Location: , Massachusetts (United States)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9397
#17694 Energy Efficiency Engineer – Performance Contracting
Area: Boston Area or White Plains Area, NY
The Energy Efficiency Engineer (EEE) is responsible for developing energy efficiency and
capital improvement projects, by identifying, assessing, and structuring technical and
financial solutions to meet customer objectives. With minimal supervision, this individual
will identify and quantify energy conservation opportunities associated with HVAC, EMS,
building envelope and heating and cooling systems. Responsibilities include site
investigations, performing energy savings calculations, developing cost estimates and
written descriptions of energy conservation measures in support of Design Build, EPC
proposals and technical audits.
1. Assist the sales staff to screen and qualify the feasibility of energy efficiency and
capital improvement opportunities. This will involve attending selected customer meetings,
conducting site trips to collect facility and utility data; and developing and running
energy screening models to determine the technical and economic viability of energy
efficiency and capital improvement projects. Screening models include: bin analyses,
hourly building simulation computer models, and commercially-available analysis packages.
2. Further develop, define and dimension technically and economically feasible
applications by performing preliminary engineering/design, project metering and
measurements of critical parameters; and coordinating with external vendors and
contractors to develop designs and technical proposals.
3. Develop technical scope of work for selected technologies and manage internal and
external engineering resources in order to determine cost and schedule.
4. Perform analyses and generate applications for utility rebates associated with energy
5. Drive the technical due diligence from initial screen until turnover to the project
management group for the implementation phase. This will involve identifying known risks
(i.e. technical, construction, price, schedule, environmental, warranties, performance
guarantees etc.); indicate impact and how they will be addressed and mitigated.
6. Support proposal development. Provide the majority of the proposal input, including
detailed technical project descriptions, legal risk and responsibility definitions,
financial descriptions, and detailed supporting documentation of contractor quotes,
simulation results, and cost and savings derivations.
7. Perform technical consulting assignments as required to support specific client
8. Provide assistance to Project Management Group to support implementation of projects,
- Undergraduate engineering (BE, BS) or construction related degree required. Advanced
degree in engineering or construction management and/or PE preferred.
- 7 plus years of experience in HVAC, EMS and central plant design.
- Experience in energy analysis to identify, screen, and develop energy conservation
measures for EPC and design build projects; develop EMS control strategies to reduce
energy consumption; develop detailed cost estimates for selected energy conservation
measures; and interface with customer facility personnel.
- Able to plan and manage the development of selected project opportunities and to direct
the activities of internal and external resources, to achieve deadlines.
- Able to interact effectively across organizational boundaries to achieve goals and meet
- General experience with the Federal ESPC, State and Local Performance Contracting,
and/or Demand Side Management programs preferred.
- Experience implementing MEP and Performance Contracting projects desirable.
- Specific experience with building energy systems including HVAC, Central Utilities and
- Must have good analytical and computer skills and attention to detail.
- Strong construction related contract administration and risk management skills
- Experience in the overall integration of design engineering, construction,
start-up/turnover, and subsequent operation and maintenance of energy projects.
- Strong leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Engineering, analytical and technical writing skills, including word processing and
- Measurement and verification skills, including installation of instrumentation for
short-term data logging of power and environmental parameters.
- Building energy use modeling and simulation experience desirable (e.g. eQUEST, AG132,
DOE2, Trane Trace, ASHRAE Modified Bin Analysis).
- Experience in various utility rebate programs offered for electrical and gas efficiency
- AutoCAD proficiency a plus.
- You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.