Redfish Technology, Inc. http://www.redfishtech.com/ Ginnis Menefee email@example.com 408-719-0200
Operations Analyst-Wholesale Electric Market
Location: , New York (United States)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9398
#17678 Operations Analyst-Wholesale Electric Market
Area: White Plains, NY Area
The Operations Analyst will be responsible for: bidding a fleet of generators into the
wholesale electric market, forecasting electric demand, communicating with multiple power
plants and reliability coordinators, accurately tracking the status of main and auxiliary
equipment at multiple power plants, tracking fuel prices and availability, monitoring and
projecting fuel burns at multiple power plants, ordering fuel switching, and preparing
reports for internal and external distribution. The position will require shift work.
1. Operations –Develop and submit generator bids into the wholesale electric market.
Forecast and bid wholesale demand into the wholesale electric market. Manage
inter-regional power transfers over controllable transmission lines.
2. Communications/ Tracking – Communicate with multiple power plants and reliability
coordinators. Track the status of power plant equipment. Track multiple fuel prices.
3. Strategy – Develop and implement strategies to optimize generator plant
dispatching and fuel burn economics.
4. Reporting/ Analysis- Prepare and distribute multiple reports and analyze data. Present
findings to management.
- Four year technical degree preferred.
- Other college degree with relevant work experience considered
- Power plant experience/knowledge. Some knowledge of electric wholesale markets desired.
- 2 years with Northeast ISO markets desired.
- Good technical, analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced understanding of Excel and Access preferred.