Redfish Technology, Inc. http://www.redfishtech.com/ Ginnis Menefee firstname.lastname@example.org 408-719-0200
Engineer - Renewable Energy Asset Management
Location: White Plains, New York (United States)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9447
#17700 Engineer - Renewable Energy Asset Management
Area: White Plains, NY Area
The Engineer for the Engineering and Asset Management Department will be responsible for
ensuring the reliable, safe and efficient operation of utility scale solar facilities and
other renewable technologies owned by company. The Engineer will have experience in
renewable technologies, equipment selection, identification of problems utilizing
predictive methods, resolving operational problems, bid preparation and evaluation,
contractor selection, general utility operations and maintenance practices, procedure
writing, development of short and long term maintenance plans as well as having a good
understanding of utility distribution and transmission systems. Overall, the Engineer is
expected to be well versed in power engineering and have practical hands on experience
with a proven track record in the energy business.
- Ensure that company assets are operating at their design point, generating energy,
renewable energy credits and other products in order to meet company financial objectives.
Support the efforts of Asset Managers and Developers to ensure company selects the best
technologies and builds reliable and efficient projects.
- Review facility operating data and resolve problems that are affecting facility output.
Track causes and implement corrective actions. Implement predictive maintenance
technologies to ensure high facility availability. Assist Asset Managers in resolving
technical issues with facilities. Write procedures and establish maintenance plans.
- Maintain knowledge of renewable technologies commercially available (PV panels,
thin-film, inverters, wind turbines, biomass, etc.) and provide recommendations on merits
of different manufacturers’ products; provide insight into new products coming to
- Establish working knowledge of various equipment suppliers’ technologies.
- Prepare reports to management; manage administrative tasks.
- Undergraduate engineering degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5-15 years of engineering experience in energy-related technologies and applications -
Specific experience with large scale solar PV technologies preferred
- Experience in the overall aspects of design engineering, construction,
start-up/commissioning, and subsequent O&M of distributed energy projects
- Prior work experience in a power generating environment is preferred
- Production data evaluation and implementation of corrective actions
- Working knowledge of electricity and hazards posed by electrical equipment and
conductors is required
- Working knowledge of predictive maintenance technologies and ability to establish
- Detail-oriented engineer
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to travel to CED facilities
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Send your resume to:
Leading Recruiters in the High-Tech and Green Energy sectors.
To search other exciting opportunities, visit our website:
Subscribe to the monthly Redfish industry newsletter: