Redfish Technology, Inc. http://www.redfishtech.com/ Ginnis Menefee firstname.lastname@example.org 208-788-8260
Retail Analyst - Energy Commodities
Location: White Plains, New York (United States)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9474
#17733 Retail Analyst - Energy Commodities
Area: White Plains, NY Area
Develop Commodity Group initiatives, such as quantitative analysis of markets, new
business opportunities, market expansion and analysis, new product development, and model
maintenance and development. Work directly with Sales, IT, Legal, Customer Operations and
other internal groups to insure consistent and accurate market information across the
organization. Work closely with cross functional groups to develop, maintain and
communicate on financial, product, pricing, modeling, regulatory, and structuring
information for core commodity markets as well as new territories that the Retail Electric
Group is expanding into.
1. Quantitative and Financial Analysis of Retail Portfolio and Markets
2. Tariff and Profitability Analysis
3. New Market Entry & Sales Support
4. New Product Development
5. Quantitative presentations and communications.
Successful candidate will be required to exercise substantial decision making ability for
both the analytical and internal/external communications required from this position.
While there will be review of final products, candidate will be expected to independently
establish their own work schedule for required job activities. A successful candidate will
also creatively seek out opportunities to grow commodity load, reduce costs, and or
minimize risk. Candidate will become a “go to” expert for specific markets,
products, and financial analyses that executives, members of the commodity team, and
operations can count on for assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, finance, statistics, or engineering fields.
- MBA or other Master’s degree is beneficial.
- 3-5 years of applied and actionable quantitative analytics with documented design and
- Knowledge of competitive deregulated electric or commodity markets.
- Understanding of utility distribution and commodity rate structures.
- Recent SAS and VB programming and strong data base management experience.
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and technological creativity.
- Gifted presentation design and communication skills.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Leading Recruiters in the High-Tech and Green Energy sectors.
To search other exciting opportunities, visit our website:
Subscribe to the monthly Redfish industry newsletter: