Conduct research, development, and qualification of new electrochemical systems (not Li
ion-type, although similar concepts may apply). The successful candidate will display an
extensive knowledge of electrochemical materials and analytical methods, particularly
concerning the chemical and/or physical coating of electrode materials and the
characterization of solid-liquid interfaces. A background in the development and testing
of rechargeable battery systems is preferred.
- Devise, perform, and optimize methods for coating electrode materials to enhance
electrochemical performance (e.g., electronic and ionic conductivity, thermal and chemical
- Investigate detailed physical and chemical properties of electrode surfaces after
electrochemical reaction (e.g., characterization of surface species and reaction pathways,
- Identify and prepare improved electrolyte formulations (e.g., solvent type, additives);
correlate electrochemical performance with surface, coating and electrolyte properties.-
Analyze and report data to assist R&D team with systems evaluation.- Search and review
scientific and technical literature to guide future development.
- PhD in Electrochemistry, Materials Science or Physical Chemistry, or MS with 5+ years'
- Self-starter, highly creative and detail-focused, good written and oral communication
- Demonstrated background in the development of electrode coating methods (e.g.,
sputtering, sol-gel, deposition, milling), electroanalysis (e.g., voltammetry, impedance
spectroscopy, cell fabrication and testing), and surface analytical techniques (e.g., XPS,
IR, SEM, TEM), working in controlled atmosphere (e.g., glovebox, dry room).
Leading Recruiters in the High-Tech and Green Energy sectors.
To search other exciting opportunities, visit our website:
Subscribe to the monthly Redfish industry newsletter:
Do you know someone who would be a great fit for this opportunity?