Conduct research, development, and qualification of electrode materials for new
electrochemical systems (not Li ion-type electrodes, although similar materials concepts
may apply). The successful candidate will display an extensive background in the synthesis
and characterization of inorganic materials, with substantial understanding of
electrochemistry and electrochemical techniques. A background in the development and
testing of rechargeable battery electrode materials is preferred.
- Devise, perform, and optimize synthesis and analysis of new electrode materials.
- Investigate detailed physical and chemical properties of solid-state materials (e.g.
crystal structure, phase purity, particle morphology, thermal stability, porosity), in the
bulk and in electrode assemblies.
- Execute and analyze electrochemical tests of promising electrode materials; perform
in-situ analytical experiments; correlate performance with material properties.- Analyze
and report data to assist R&D team with material and electrode evaluation.
- Search and review scientific and technical literature to guide future materials
- PhD in Materials Science or Solid-State Inorganic Chemistry, or MS with 5+ years'
- Self-starter, highly creative and detail-focused, good written and oral communication
- Demonstrated background in the development of energy storage materials using various
synthetic (e.g., hydrothermal, co-precipitation, milling, alloying), analytical (e.g.,
XRD, SEM, TGA, DSC, AA, BET) and electrochemical techniques (cell fabrication and
testing), working in controlled atmosphere (e.g., glovebox, dry room).
Leading Recruiters in the High-Tech and Green Energy sectors.
To search other exciting opportunities, visit our website:
Subscribe to the monthly Redfish industry newsletter:
Do you know someone who would be a great fit for this opportunity?