Redfish Technology, Inc. http://www.redfishtech.com/ Ginnis email@example.com 208-788-8260
Technical Analyst - Smart Grid/Renewable Energy
Location: White Plains, New York (United States)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9601
#17692 Technical Analyst - Smart Grid/Renewable Energy
Area: White Plains Area, NY
The main role of this position is to act as the technical lead within the Business
Development team in the development of new product and service offerings, particularly
based on the technologies that comprise the smart grid networks that are expanding in the
U.S. Attain and maintain strong knowledge of technology advancements, technology
providers, communications standards and protocols, and market dynamics in the smart grid
marketplace and smart metering applications.
1. Participate in the development of smart grid programs for residential markets including
evaluating (1) smart grid metering applications for residential, (2) smart meter and
demand control technology including vendor and product review as well as basic familiarity
of smart grid elements such as renewable generation and energy storage, (3) utility-based
tariffs/programs throughout the U.S., (4) non-utility smart meter service offerings.
2. Utilize knowledge of the technologies and their capabilities to assist in the
development of product offering and value proposition for residential market offering from
a technical perspective. Interface with residential market manager to develop marketing
plan, communications plan, market entry strategy, and overall value proposition. Interact
with equipment vendors to understand functionality and applications of various
3. Support commercial demand response/commodity optimization program with third party
provider. Oversee implementation of program including demand response notifications,
review of customer audits to identify optimization equipment and parameters, optimization
implementation, and provide technical support of sales activities. Interface with
commercial commodity market manager to apply technology understanding to the development
of marketing plan, communications plan, market entry strategy, and overall value
4. Keep abreast of demand response programs including rules and regulatory changes,
technology developments and market prices. Incorporate information into company offerings.
• Undergraduate engineering degree from an accredited college or university
• 5-7 years engineering experience in energy-related technologies and applications.
• Specific experience with customer-sited DR/SG technologies (e.g. metering,
controls, energy information systems, solar and renewables, etc.) strongly preferred.
• Experience in the overall relationship between technology marketing, and finance in
developing a commercially-viable product/service offer.
• Detail-oriented engineer
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to represent the company
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to travel to customer sites.
• Experienced using Microsoft Office suite of products.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Send your resume to:
Leading Recruiters in the High-Tech and Green Energy sectors.
To search other exciting opportunities, visit our website:
Subscribe to the monthly Redfish industry newsletter: