Out clients Technology R&D unit is responsible for development and design throughout
the company. Operating on a global scale with more than 1700 employees in over 10
countries. Striving to be a front-runner in the race for technological innovation, while
at the same time maintaining the company’s rigorous focus on reliability and
quality. The headquarters, the largest R&D facility in the wind power industry, is in
Design and Support
The Design and Support Group are responsible for the development and design of wind
turbine blades from concept through to production throughout the company.
Striving to identify, develop and provide new and innovative technology solutions to the
business and to facilitate the process of bringing the next generation of wind turbine
blades to life. The team is immersed in a period of world-wide rapid growth currently
covering Europe, Asia and the USA, giving the company a high level of momentum and
dynamics. The department is a key contributor to the company and its future success in a
wind energy business that is growing at an incredible rate.
Responsibilities and tasks
Main responsibilities will include:
• Act as the lead for structural design of blades using composites materials.
• Generate new ideas and principles for blade design and manufacture.
• Provide calculations and verification of design solutions proposed.
• Liaise with FEA Department for in-depth calculations of Design proposals.
• Support resolution of production and/or in-field blade structure issues.
• Definition of Testing Specifications.
• Definition of Requirement Specifications.
• Create and manage the use of DFMEAs and other tools to drive robust and efficient
design and verification activities.
• Create documentation and reports for product certification and sign off.
Qualifications and work experience
The ideal will candidate will demonstrate:
• An engineering degree qualification (BEng or MEng) or equivalent working
• Knowledge of processes and production methods for fibre-reinforced
• Good working knowledge of Finite element techniques.
• Excellent analytical skills and understanding of structural design principles.
• Broad overview of modern composite failure prediction methods.
• Working knowledge of 3D CAD systems.
• Solid theoretical background within structural mechanics.
• Proven hands on experience in design of composite structures, preferably large
• Used to take technical decision as part of a group and influence technical
directions of the team.
• Prepared to working in an environment under constant change.
• Rigorous attention to detail/completes tasks to their fullest.
• Team worker.
• Self starter and willing to learn.
• Good communication skills in English, both orally and written.
• Exposure to 6-Sigma and DFSS methodologies.
What is on offer
A job in a global organisation with excellent opportunities for cross cultural and
personal development. Emphasis is placed on the balance between meeting demanding
deadlines and developing high quality innovative solutions to the business.
You will join a team of professionals that have a high level of commitment to the
technical challenges presented by the wind energy sector working in an incredibly
As well as offering a competitive salary and benefits package, there is an emphasis on
developing both personal and professional skills. In return, you are expected to go the
extra mile to achieve results.