Green Door Recruitment www.gd-rec.com email@example.com 0845 337 2773
Composite Design Engineer – Wind Turbine Blades (based in Colorado, USA)
Location: , Colorado (United States)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9695
Salary $USD + Performance Bonus (5%) + Pension + Health Care
-Depending on applicant’s experience
Our client is the world's leading supplier of wind power solutions, with over 20,000
they have delivered more than 40,000 wind turbines in 65 countries.
The R&D team is responsible for development and design throughout the company. They
operate on a global scale with more than 1700 employees in over 10 countries. Striving to
be a front-runner in the race for technological innovation, while at the same time
maintaining the company’s rigorous focus on reliability and quality. The
headquarters, the largest R&D facility in the wind power industry, is in Aarhus,
The Structures & Systems Department is responsible for development and design of Wind
Turbine Blades from concept through to production throughout the company.
Striving to identify, develop and provide new and innovative technology solutions in the
business to facilitate the process of bringing the next generation of wind turbine blades
to life. The department has been through and is still under rapid growth world-wide
currently covering Europe, Asia and USA, which is giving it a high level of momentum and
dynamics. The department is a key contributor to the company and its future success in a
wind energy business that is growing at an incredible rate.
Responsibilities and tasks
Main responsibilities will include:
• Act as the lead for structural design of blades using composites materials.
• Generate new ideas and principles for blade design and manufacture.
• Provide calculations and verification of design solutions proposed.
• Liaise with FEA Department for in-depth calculations of Design proposals.
• Support resolution of production and/or in-field blade structure issues.
• Definition of Testing Specifications.
• Definition of Requirement Specifications.
• Create and manage the use of DFMEAs and other tools to drive robust and efficient
design and verification activities.
• Create documentation and reports for product certification and sign off.
Qualifications and work experience
The ideal will candidate will have:
• Masters or Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent working experience.
• Knowledge of processes and production methods for fibre-reinforced
• Good working knowledge of Finite element techniques.
• Excellent analytical skills and understanding of structural design principles.
• Broad overview of modern composite failure prediction methods.
• Working knowledge of 3D CAD systems.
• Solid theoretical background within structural mechanics.
• 5 to 10 years hands on experience in Design of composite structures, preferably
large scale ones (Wind Energy; Aerospace; Automotive, Boat building).
• Used to take technical decision as part of a group and influence technical
directions of the team.
• Prepared to working in an environment under constant change.
• Rigorous attention to detail/finishing off jobs.
• Team worker.
• Self starter and willing to learn.
• Good communication skills in English, Danish would be a plus both orally and
• Exposure to 6-Sigma and DFSS methodologies.
What’s on offer:
You are offered a job in a global organisation with excellent opportunities for cross
cultural and personal development. Emphasis is placed on the balance between meeting
demanding deadlines and developing high quality innovative solutions to the business.
You will be joining a team working at a high professional level in a high pace environment
and with a high level of commitment.
As well as offering a competitive salary and benefits package, there is emphasis on
developing both personal and professional skills. In return, you are expected you to go
the extra mile to achieve results.