Green Door Recruitment www.gd-rec.com firstname.lastname@example.org 0845 337 2773
Global Project Manager (Wind Energy, Renewable Energy Support Team
Location: , Outside US (United Kingdom)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9710
Our client is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and
certification company. Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, they
employ 59,000 people and operate a network of more than 1,000 offices and laboratories
around the world.
As a key position in the Industrial Services team for development and build up services
for renewable energy, the Global Project Manager for the Renewable Energy Support Team
Preparation of scope of works and quotations
The responsibility for the execution and performance of international wind energy projects
and being involved in the acquisition of such projects ensuring that the Wind Energy
services are carried out in accordance with the technical requirements of the wind
Management of wind energy projects including establishing the required links to the field
service or freelancers and guarantee the necessary information flow
Keeping of time schedule requirements and assurance of quality of the service
Technical Manager for the Renewable Energy Support Office
Specifically These Responsibilities Are To:
1. Manage international wind energy projects and related tasks, such as:
• Prepare quotations and scopes of work related to the specific project.
• Follow up on the projects and the time schedule.
• Involved in/ support for execution of the projects.
• Meet with clients.
• Support affiliates to perform the project management and execution of projects.
• Follow up on ongoing projects - customer contact.
• Support the customer in specific questions.
• Select/ appoint and mobilise/ accept the inspectors.
• Select and/or mobilise project experts or freelancers in agreement with the head of
• Together with respective affiliates (support) select and/or mobilise experts and
inspectors to carry out the project.
• Assure required quality to the project.
• Assure that the project is carried out in accordance with the relevant
• Prepare and compile the report or statement in co-operation with the involved
• Initiate required inspections/surveys.
• Initiate change orders when relevant.
2. Expert specific assistance for topics dealt within the Renewable Support Office
Educational background as a Mechanical Engineering and with 5-10 years relevant experience
within the wind industry.
• Relevant experience in management of technical operations within the areas of wind
turbine technology, load simulation and analyses of onshore and offshore wind turbines,
structural analysis, site assessment, wind resource assessment, technical due diligence,
inspections and Project Certification.
• Experiences in project management.
• Able to cooperate effectively with multidisciplinary and multinational teams.
• Fluent in English. Good in German is an advantage.