Green Door Recruitment www.gd-rec.com firstname.lastname@example.org 0845 337 2773
International Business Development Manager - Wind / Renewable Energy Support Team (based in Germany)
Location: , Outside US (Germany)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9712
Our client is a leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company.
Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, they employ 59,000 people
and operate a network of more than 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world.
This position involves undertaking business development, sales and project management.
As a key position in the global team for development and build up of services for
renewable energy, the International Business Development Manager, Renewable Energy
Support team will:
- Mainly focus on the global wind energy business.
- Be involved with the following general tasks:
§ Doing global and local (together with affiliates) business development and sales
including development of new services and development of the wind specific competence in
affiliates (approx. 60%)
§ Preparation of scopes of works / quotations and support the affiliates to do this
locally (approx. 30%)
§ Project management (global projects) and support the affiliates to do this locally
- Actively move to raise the profile within the wind sector working closely with the
Global Marketing team.
- Together with the Vice President Renewables, outline and formulate the Strategy and
Business Plan for Renewable Energy Services – particular Wind Energy Services
– globally and locally.
Global Vice President Renewables
Specifically These Responsibilities Are To:
Some of the main tasks of the Global Business Development Manager will be to roll out the
wind energy services and to support and build up / increase the dedicated team of project
managers, wind energy experts and inspectors in the affiliates.
- Support indentified affiliates to develop and build up the wind energy business
- Identify and generate new global and local business for wind energy services from local
and global customers.
- Have the responsibility for business development and role out of the wind energy
services globally as well as locally together with the affiliates.
- Support the management and coordination of the regional business development, sales and
project management/ execution.
- Close working relationship with the affiliates, Renewable Support office and local wind
energy teams to identify sales opportunities for new/existing clients with new/existing
services for new/existing markets.
- Conduct regular customer visits to maintain and improve relationships and grow business
and involve the affiliates.
- Indentify necessary qualifications to be accepted in the local market, e.g.
certification and / or accreditation.
- Prepare tenders and negotiate contracts with clients in consultation with the relevant
affiliates and the local wind energy teams.
- Support the preparation of sales and marketing material; attend exhibitions and other
- Prepare and support regional sales forecasts and feasibility studies for new
- Identify possible, relevant acquisition targets within the renewable energy business.
· Educational background as an Engineer.
· 4-6 years experience in the business development within the wind industry.
· Knowledge of and experience with project certification, inspection and
consultancy services in the wind sector are also required qualifications for this
· A strong personal network as a basis for generating new business
· Able to cooperate effectively with multidisciplinary and multinational teams
· Able to plan, organize and implement a range of business development promotion
programs and events
· Able to interact with all levels of customer management (including CEO)
· Able to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
· Work well under pressure
· Sales skills and business orientated
· Takes initiatives and can work independently
· Good communication skills and interpersonal skills