The client, a leading Wind Turbine manufacturer is seeking an exceptional candidate to
work in a highly innovative environment with the idea of building a new department. As a
manager for the Offshore Foundation Department in Technology R&D you will be part of a
fast growing company where the challenges and opportunities are huge. Your group will be
delivering on technology development projects partly funded by EUDP and ATF as well as
platform development projects.
The new department will be a part of the Tower & Structure department that currently
consists of close to 60 highly skilled employees situated in Denmark, Holland, China, US
and India. The department is responsible for wind turbine towers and foundations and the
main part of the heavy steel structures such as main shafts, machine foundations, cast
iron components, welded supporting structure and bolt connections. Besides the component
responsibility the team are the competence centre within finite element analyses.
Responsibilities and Tasks
You will be the Manager of the department that develops the foundations concepts needed to
stay no. 1 in modern energy. The department is new and one of the main targets will be to
ramp up the competencies needed to meet the product roadmap.
As an Offshore foundation Manager your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
• Development and ramp up of the Offshore Foundation department according to the
• Prioritisation and planning of projects and tasks including allocation of
• Overall follow-up on agreed deliverables including progress reporting.
• Keeping the department up-to-date on activities and new developments in relation to
• Be part of the Tower & Structure management team setting the direction for the
• People development and leadership guidance.
• Ensuring safety as the no.1 priority.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
Your qualification includes:
• A scientific Master degree – probably in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
• Solid experience in management and business administration.
• Proven experience within design and/or production of large steel structures from
the offshore or marine industry.
• Strong diplomatic and negotiating skills
• Flexible working with diversity of different people and cultures with a high level
of empathy and motivation
• Continuously motivated and changing environment, which needs calm and structured
approach in hectic and chaotic situations
• High level of work ethics and commitment, hands on job required while project
deadlines to be met
• As the environment is international, you communicate fluently in English –
both oral & written
What’s on offer:
You are offered a job in a global organisation with excellent opportunities for cross
cultural and personal development. Emphasis is placed on the right balance between
creativity, developing technologies into successful products and supporting technology
projects. You will be joining a group working at a high professional level and with a high
level of commitment.
Due to significant and increasing global representation travel activity is to be