Green Door Recruitment www.gd-rec.com firstname.lastname@example.org 0845 337 2773
Solar Head of Sales UK
Location: , Outside US (United Kingdom)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9728
With an annual turnover of over EUR 800 million, our client is one of the world’s
leading companies in the renewable energy sector. Since 1996, the group has been
developing, planning, financing and operating plants and systems that use regenerative
energies – wind, solar and bio energy.
Their solar business unit plans, constructs and operates solar power systems on rooftops
and open spaces in every size all over the world. By 2012, the group plans to build
photovoltaic systems with a total capacity of over 2,000 MW.
Driven by the UK’s introduction of a new renewable energy incentive system and in
particular the feed-in-tariff for roof-top and ground-mounted Photovoltaic systems, our
client has established an office in the Midlands to expand its business in the UK market.
And we are hiring key personnel that will build a sustainable long term presence in Great
£60,000+ +bonus + benefits
Competitive compensation package with fixed salary and performance based bonus, company
You will be responsible for the sale of Solar Photovoltaic systems and the successful
closure of lease and EPC contracts for rooftop as well as free field systems with a size
of up to 5MW per power plant. For this purpose he/she will recruit and lead a sales team.
You will identify clients, prepares and presents comprehensive offers and negotiates and
closes contracts with large rooftop owners or investors looking for turnkey services for
the construction of free field PV power plants:
• Development and execution of the sales strategy for the UK
• Adaptation of existing lease models and contracts to UK requirements
• Development of Sales kits and standard offers for Lease- and EPC projects
• Negotiating & closing of Lease and EPC contracts in line with corporate legal
• Building a solid pipeline of profitable rooftop and free field projects
• Close interaction with specialized departments and the Group’s HQ in Germany
• Design and management of effective responsibilities and goals for the sales team
• Creation and regular update of project pipelines
• Monitoring and management of sales targets
• Managing the approved budget for the department
• Support of the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process of the Group
The ideal candidate:
• At least 5 years of successful track record in a leading sales role with key
accounting experience for technically and legally complex products and agreements
• Deep insight and strong network into the UK property market with focus on
commercial buildings and multi property ownerships.
• A graduate with a technical, commercial or property degree, Master in Business
Administration or equivalent experience.
• The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to lead a small and geographically
dispersed sales force as well as to operate and navigate within an international company.
• He/she needs to be able to demonstrate successful relationship building ability
across a broad range of levels from building owners, to political stakeholders and senior
• A team player with exceptional communication skills, a self-starter with a strong
entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for supporting renewable energies.
• The candidate must be willing to travel extensively within the UK and occasionally
This is a unique opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
The flat management structure empowers the leadership team with the ability to take quick
The group has a stable, long-term oriented work environment enhanced by its privately held
ownership structure. The entire organisation shares a high level of commitment and passion