Green Door Recruitment www.gd-rec.com email@example.com 0845 337 2773
Wind Turbine Analyst - FEM Machinery Structures (based in Bangalore India)
Location: , Outside US (India)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9740
Our client is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for
renewable energy. They are the recognised global authority on onshore and offshore wind
power and also serve the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
Reporting to the Head of Group: Wind Turbine Certification - India
Key Purpose of the role:
Working as part of a team, preparing numerical models by Finite Element Method (FEM),
performing and reporting strength calculations with FEM for machinery structures of wind
turbines for certification. The work will be performed in close cooperation with the
groups Renewables Certification Head Office in Hamburg, Germany.
• Performing computer aided engineering model analysis (CAE).
• Working with state of the art software tools to prepare the FEM models, assessment
of structural machinery components of wind turbines by complete parallel computation.
• Performing strength calculations.
• Undertaking quality checks of own performed calculations.
• Reporting performed analysis, results and conclusions in written form.
• Communicating and cooperating with Senior Engineers and Project Leader in Head
• Reviewing submitted design documentation and discussing with Lead Engineer from
• Contributing to the further development of the utilization of renewable energy
Facts and figures:
• Yearly targets will be discussed and captured during appraisal interviews.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
• Masters in Engineering (ME) with above average degree and skills in Mechanical
• Minimum 3 years work experience in the strength calculation of machinery components
such as hub, mainframe, rotor shaft and gearbox housings, planet carriers, pitching
systems, mechanical brakes and locking devices, couplings, elastomer bushings and yaw
systems of Wind Turbines with Finite Element Method.
• In depth knowledge of machinery and materials used in the Wind Turbine sector.
• In depth knowledge of mechanics and stress hypothesis.
• In depth understanding and ability to use analysis software (ANSYS, RFEM and
others) as well as MS Office.
• Solid understanding & experience in the field of manufacturing technology.
• Understanding of technical standards, guidelines and compliance requirements.
• Very good command of English, both written and oral communication.
• Ability to work under pressure with high level of personal responsibility.
• Able to work as part of a team and have a flexible approach to work.
• Work self-reliance to ensure high quality results.
• Experience as project engineer.
• Knowledge of damage modes and investigation in machinery components.
• Understanding Type Certification needs.
• Confident manner with international customers.
• Experience in facility inspections of manufacturer of machinery components.
5. Key internal and external contacts (and frequency/method of contact)
• Head of Group – Daily, face to face, issue escalation and for reporting
• Expert in charge/ Project Leader in Head Office – Regular, email and
telephone, project reporting, reporting of performed analysis, results and conclusions in
6. Additional Information:
• 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Hours are flexible with starting times
between 8.00am – 9.30 am. Working day is 8.5 hours less 1/2 hour for lunch.
• Travel to the Renewables Certification Head office, Germany.
• Travel to component manufacturer’s site in India or International locations.
Frequency of Travel: 1 or 2 times in a year depending on projects or training