Wind Turbine Team Leader (Turbine Measurements) based in Shanghai, China
Location: , Outside US (China)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9742
Wind Turbine Team Leader (Turbine Measurements) based in Shanghai, China. Ref 1103-4
Our client is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for
renewable energy. They are the recognised global authority on onshore and offshore wind
power and also serve the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
Key Purpose of the role:
We are looking for an individual to lead and expand the Measurements Team in Shanghai,
Key purposes of the role is to take responsibility for the execution of projects in terms
• Resource planning and Delivery time
• Technical Execution and Quality
• Introduction of quality management system
Working closely with the Measurements Competency Centre, the Team Leader Turbine
Measurements China will be working to serve the growing demand for this service in China.
The individual will be carrying out Type Measurements (Structural Load Measurements, Power
Performance Measurements, Electrical Measurements and Acoustic Measurements) for turbine
manufacturers and operators.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Lead and manage the local team
• Train local measurement staff
• Co-ordinate the execution of mandates/project with the Competence Centre
• Support in co-ordinating the sales activities with the local BDM and the sales team
in the Competence Centre
• Manage the local workshop including handling of measurement equipment
• Introduce a quality management system according to ISO 17025
• Take care for the fulfilment of local HSE requirements
• Expand the turbine measurements team according to company strategy and budget.
Facts and figures
The size of the team you are responsible for is currently 3 engineers, 2 internship
students, 1 BDM and 1 Assistant (total 7) and shall be maximum 10 at year end 2011. (to be
The team is located in an office Building in Shanghai as well as in a Workshop in the
The current projects cannot be handled alone by the Chinese team. Currently the team is
supporting the experts from the German based Competence Centre to execute the projects in
Given the current work load the local team needs to grow.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
Essential skills and experience for this role are as follows:
• Degree as Electrical or Mechanical Engineer
• Sound experience in carrying out type tests for wind turbines as project manager
• Experience of leading a team of engineers in an international environment
• Ability and willingness to develop knowledge of the Chinese market (commercial and
• Excellent communication skills (English), both written and oral.
• Willingness to travel (domestic and international)
Desirable skills and experience for this role are as follows:
• Chinese language skills.
*The Competence Centre will be involved in the evaluation of the same since it is key for
this position that the individual is experienced enough to make qualified decisions.
Key internal and external contacts (and frequency/method of contact):
Line Manager (e.g. for reporting and issue escalation)
Competence Centre / Other Measurements team leaders (e.g. for knowledge sharing)
Local BDM / Competence Centre (Opportunity Evaluation and Budgeting)
40 hours per week excl. lunch break
Regular travel, domestic and international as required by project
The individual will be offered a local Chinese Contract.