To act as Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Package Manager for the development of major
offshore wind farm developments.
The successful candidate will have a strong commercial and technical background and will
have a demonstrable track record in negotiating and implementing wind turbine generator
contracts. The successful candidate will be required to:
• Project Manage the contract package for the delivery of the wind turbine supply
contract for Offshore Wind Farms.
• Act as commercial and technical lead in the role of WTG Package Manager.
• Coordinate within the he company to obtain specialist technical support as required
to progress the package.
• Provide consultancy advice on a wide range of smaller projects.
Facts and figures:
The Renewables Consultancy team currently comprises of 15 people who work within the
renewable Business stream. This team is part of an overall offshore team of 130 people
working on engineering, due diligence and project management work. This small, focused
team has full access to the technical support staff employed by the group.
Size of Projects:
Highly variable. The offshore group performs studies from £10K to £750K.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, and our clients business, you will need to demonstrate the
following qualification, professional expertise and personal attributes:
Technical / Professional Expertise -
The successful candidate will have:
• BSc, BEng or higher in Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering. (Equivalent
commercial or management qualifications may be considered where the candidate can
demonstrate relevant knowledge of the technical aspects of the role).
• Chartered status via MICE, MIStructE or MIMechE or equivalent
• Excellent ability to prepare, review and submit technical documents relating to
wind turbine generator performance, operation or maintenance.
• Experience of managing a project through the procurement, fabrication, construction
and installation phases.
• Good general understanding of electrical, SCADA and structural aspects.
• Experience of leading tender processes from drafting of the technical aspects of
Invitation to Tender documentation and contracts to running tender competitions.
• German language skills would be advantageous.
• Post graduate qualification in renewable energy.
• Structural design and analysis of offshore sub-structures with detailed knowledge
of design codes and design guidance and the ability to solve demanding technical problems
to demonstrate structural integrity
• Experience of working in the offshore environment for the renewable energy and/or
oil and gas industries would be preferred.
• Previous experience of other marine engineering, such as sea/sand defences, docks
• A high standard of written and aural skills.
• Excellent ability to liaise with clients, conduct contract negotiations and lead
Key internal and external contacts (and frequency/method of contact):