Green Door Recruitment www.gd-rec.com firstname.lastname@example.org 0845 337 2773
Energy and Development Engineers – Wind Energy, (based in Dublin, Bristol and Glasgow)
Location: , Outside US (United Kingdom)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9757
Energy and Development Engineers – Wind Energy, (based in Dublin, Bristol and
Glasgow), ref 1107-27
Travel Requirement: some site work and therefore travel.
Role Purpose: Our client is the world's largest independent technical and engineering
consultancy for renewable energy. They are the recognised global authority on onshore and
offshore wind power and also serve the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
Due to significant growth, we are looking to recruit engineers into the Ireland, Glasgow
and Bristol offices.
The work will involve producing detailed, high quality reports for clients to enable them
to decide upon the feasibility of developing the site as a wind farm. These roles will be
primarily focused on a single geographical market.
The primary focus of these roles is to undertake technical analysis of onshore wind farms
at the pre-construction stage of development.
• Undertake energy production assessments which include - site visits, wind data
processing and quality checking, correlation analysis, wind flow and wake modelling,
review of energy losses, statistical analysis and produce a report.
• Undertake site conditions assessments which include elements of the above but also
a review of extreme wind speed, ambient and wake induced turbulence intensity, wind shear
and temperature range.
• Produce detailed reports which review the feasibility of sites for development
which will include, feasibility studies, site meteorological measurements, shadow flicker
assessment, noise modelling, visual impact assessment.
• All of the above work will be undertaken following Energy Group best practice
• You will be involved in checking the work of others to ensure that it complies with
Group best practice techniques.
• You will be required to visit sites and meet clients.
• Managing multiple projects to ensure they are completed within timescale and
• Participate in R&D projects as and when required.
• Any other duties as directed by line management.
To be successful in this role, and the business, you will need to demonstrate the
following qualification, professional expertise and personal attributes:
Technical / Professional Expertise
• A minimum of a 2.1 degree in an engineering, physics, atmospheric science or
mathematics field or equivalent.
• Aptitude for statistical analysis of data.
• Ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports in English and local
language when necessary.
• Exposure and familiarity with wind energy industry software and measurement
• Fluency in other languages.
• Good organisational and effective time management skills as you will be required to
handle multiple projects.
• Ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment - operating to tight
Full training will be provided. Our client has an accredited MPDS training scheme with the
IMechE and supports membership of other similar professional institutions.