Green Door Recruitment www.gd-rec.com firstname.lastname@example.org 0845 337 2773
Senior Project Manager - UK Wind Farm Construction (based in Bristol, UK)
Location: , Outside US (United Kingdom)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9759
Senior Project Manager - UK Wind Farm Construction (based in Bristol, UK), ref 1107-28
Travel Requirement: Occasional travel, both nationally and internationally.
Our client is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for
renewable energy. Recognised global authority on onshore and offshore wind power and also
serve the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
This role will involve working with the Project Development Services team to establish,
deliver and develop the UK wind farm Construction Service. The role will include providing
Project Management, Civil or Electrical Engineering and construction expertise.
Candidates will be Chartered Engineers and will have significant practical experience of
wind farm construction project management and business development.
This is a new role within the business and candidates will have an opportunity to
participate in the growth of this business sector.
Work with the PDS team to build and deliver the Construction business in the UK.
Project manage the development of wind farms through the procurement and construction
project lifecycle on behalf of clients including:
• Managing project work to ensure it is delivered to specification, on time and
• Closing out the work, ensuring the Owner is satisfied with the work
• Producing tender proposals (including technical and financial aspects).
• Help to build the team of construction specialists to ensure the successful
delivery of this growing business.
• As business develops, lead the project management activities related to multiple
• Support the continuous improvement of the systems, procedures and documents to
support the successful delivery of the construction business.
• Coordinate with the client PM teams in other markets to share knowledge and
• Providing technical and construction advice both directly to clients and to other
parts of the group.
• Liaise with a wide range of clients from wind farm developers to financial
• Stakeholder management from local planners to landowners and local communities.
• Liaising with industry suppliers, managing bidding processes and providing critical
• Producing written reports and other documentation for delivery to the client:
• Supervising and mentoring of staff
• Any other appropriate duties as required to build the business.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following qualification,
professional expertise and personal attributes:
Technical / Professional Expertise
Experience of Project Managing the construction of Wind Farms.
A strong track record in Project Managing large construction projects.
An appropriate degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering, or be able to demonstrate
equivalent education, training and personal development.
Significant practical commercial experience of business development.
Significant practical experience of producing tenders, winning competitive work and
Familiarity with local (UK) regulations and procedures/processes.
Ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English.
Familiar with working to international standards, national rules and certification body
Good understanding of the UK H&S legislation applicable to the wind industry.
Good IT skills, and experience using MS Office suite packages and AutoCAD or
Membership of professional body and chartered engineer status.
Experience of working in a formal project management environment, e.g. Prince 2.
Health and Safety training and experience of acting as Principal Contractor under CDM
Previous experience of supervising/mentoring staff.
Capable of working independently and managing an integrated team.
Excellent organisation and time management skills.
Adaptability, and able to cope with a wide variety of tasks.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity due to the real growth of the team
and the business.