Green Door Recruitment www.gd-rec.com email@example.com 0845 337 2773
Design Engineer - Wind Turbines Numerical Modelling and Design Load Calculations (based in Bristol, UK or Heerenveen, Netherlands
Location: , Outside US (United Kingdom)
Employment Type: Full Time (Experienced)
Job ID: 9762
Design Engineer - Wind Turbines Numerical Modelling and Design Load Calculations (based in
Bristol, UK or Heerenveen, Netherlands, ref 1107-31
Travel Requirement: Occasional travel to attend client meetings and provide training.
Our client is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for
renewable energy. Recognised as the global authority on onshore and offshore wind power
and also serving the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
As a member of the Loads Analysis Department within the Turbine Engineering Competence
Centre, the primary focus of this role is to perform wind turbine numerical modelling and
design load calculations for onshore and offshore wind turbines.
Individuals in this role will be involved in a range of turbine design projects.
Successful applicants will work in the following areas:
• Numerical modelling of wind turbines.
• Design load calculations for onshore and offshore wind turbines.
• Concept design studies.
• Research projects.
• Design method development.
• Opportunities to provide software training to clients in the use of BLADED ( wind
turbine design tool).
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following qualification,
professional expertise and personal attributes:
Technical / Professional Expertise
• At least an upper second class degree (or equivalent) in engineering, mathematics
• A good understanding of physics and mechanical engineering fundamentals.
• Experience of wind turbine numerical modelling and design load calculations would
be an advantage.
• Good organisational and communication skills with the ability to work in a
• The ability to work to deadlines.
• The ability to write clear reports and email communications.
• The ability to plan and organise own workload.
• A willingness to travel within Europe and, on occasion, worldwide.
The role will be part of a group of 12 engineers working in the Loads Analysis Department,
working with other members of the Turbine Engineering Competence Centre in Bristol, China
and the Netherlands.